Total Problems: 2717
Every day we’re creating new quizzes and skills for you.
Go Problems, Go Puzzles, Tsumego in RPG-style
The strength of a Go player is an amalgamation of various skills and abilities. These range from choosing the right direction in fuseki, the knowledge of joseki and tesuji, to having a sense for good shape, and more. Ordinarily, a deficiency in any one of these skills significantly diminishes overall performance. We’ve incorporated all these Go skills into a single game system, akin to those found in RPG games. This approach allows you to enjoy solving Go problems while simultaneously identifying potential weaknesses in your play.
Tips for Solving Go Problems | Go Puzzles | Tsumego
- Try your best to solve problems on the first try. Avoid placing a stone on the board until you know the full sequence of moves.
- Rotate between skills. There is no need to solve all the problems in each skill right away. You can always go back to the previous skills.
- Prioritize the skills you find most challenging. You can monitor this in the “Your Progress” column or on the My Stats page.
- Don’t try to solve all the problems at once. It’s more effective to solve them in smaller, regular sessions. It might be a good habit to solve 3–5 quizzes before you play another game of Go.
- If a topic seems elusive, feel free to reset the progress in a particular skill and tackle the Go problems again.
Related Go Magic Courses
We recommend you alternate solving Go problems in the skill tree with watching courses. Usually there are no explanations in the skill tree as it is assumed that you have already taken the appropriate course and know the necessary theory. Each skill contains references to the related course and lesson.
How Does the System Work?
Every time you pick a skill the system offers you a small series of 5 puzzles. We call them quizzes. Each skill has several levels. In order to get to the next level you must successfully solve a few quizzes. As the level increases, so does the complexity of the Go problems.
To unlock new skills you need to upgrade all skills in the last row to at least level 1.
Free accounts are limited to 15 quizzes every 12 hours. Would you like to enjoy Go Magic skills without any interruptions or restrictions? Explore our premium memberships.
Successful first-attempt problem-solving rewards you with coins. These can later be exchanged for bonuses in the Magic Store. Please note: Solving problems significantly simpler than your account level does not reward you with coins.
This is an advanced feature designed to improve your reading and visualization skills by making stones invisible after placement. Concept by Olaf Voß.
- The mode is applicable to standard skills like Life and Death, Tesuji, and Semeai.
- When active, the relevant skills are highlighted in red.
- Progress made in Ghost Mode is saved independently.
- Solving a problem in Ghost Mode earns you an extra coin.
- Premium members enjoy the liberty to select and jump to any skill level.
Bugs and Mistakes in the Go Problems
Given the abundance of Go problems, it’s not feasible for us to monitor every detail. If you encounter a bug or a mistake, kindly report it using the “Report Invalid Problem” button in the three-dots menu. However, we encourage you to double-check your solution beforehand.