A Modern Platform for Learning Go
Carefully-structured video lessons with matching practical exercises.
Study at your own pace, test your skills and get stronger!
A Bit of Magic!
Watch lessons and practice at the same time with our new interactive feature:
This is Just the Beginning
Our goal is to create the ultimate platform for studying Go
- Accessibility — the cost of online courses is significantly lower than that of one-on-one or even group classes with a teacher.
- Quality — our courses are not lengthy screencasts but carefully planned and highly efficient video lessons with practical exercises.
- Gamification — all courses are integrated within the platform. As you solve problems you get XP, crystals and coins which let you keep track of your progress and stay motivated.
The main tool of daily skill training in Go.
The strength of a Go player is a combination of different skills and abilities e.g. choosing direction in fuseki, knowledge of joseki and tesuji, a feel for good shape, etc. As a rule, a problem with one of them greatly weakens overall performance. We want to merge all the Go skills into a single gaming system, similar to those in RPG games. This will let you have fun when solving problems and find possible weaknesses in your play at the same time.
Tools and Materials
Tools and Materials
There is a lot of information about Go on the internet but sometimes it can be hard to find. For your convenience we want to gather it all in one place and add some new resources:
- Articles on a variety of subjects
- Materials for motivation and inspiration
- Materials for Go teachers and organizers
- A database of biographies of great Go masters
- An illustrated collection of Go proverbs
- A modern joseki encyclopedia
- A game database with pattern search
- A multifunctional online game editor
- Integration with OGS. Play online and receive GM coins and XP.
- AI of various difficulty levels playing with a more human feel.
- Extra playing modes: atari Go, one color Go, survival Go (with 17 stones), blindfolded games, teaching mode with hints, poker Go (dango).
- Supercomputer game analysis.
- Courses designed for children with colorful animation of games and problems.
The Platform Release
is Scheduled for February 2022
Beta-version launch done
Bug report system done
Live chat support done
Finishing touches in design done
Detecting major bugs and fixing them done
Privacy and visibility issues done
Discord server doneMay – July, 2020
Roadmap page done
The Magic of Go #4 done
The Magic of Go #5 done
Multi-language system done
Merging gomagic.org and beta.gomagic.org done
Payment system done
Membership system doneAugust – September, 2020
Russian translation of the website done
The Magic of Go #6 done
The Magic of Go #7 done
Videos with interactive problems done
Skill Tree system (backend) — Go problem training in the style of RPG games doneOctober – December, 2020
Demonstration of a new interactive feature done
Skill Tree — frontend done
Go board animation doneJanuary – March, 2021
Basic Skill Tree — training for beginners doneJanuary – March, 2021
Ratings and reviews for courses done
Leaderboard doneApril – June, 2021
A Major Skill Tree update doneJuly – September, 2021
Go Magic Virtual Shop — bonus content that you can get for GM coins in progress
Platform optimization in progressOctober – December, 2021
And we're not stopping here!
We are going to keep making new courses and filling our quiz trees with new skills, and we also need to do the following:
- Teacher search tool
- Go Magic mentors system
- The most complete modern joseki database
- Professional games database pattern search
- Integration with OGS
- Practicing with different levels of AI
- Go Magic mobile app
- Go history encyclopedia
- Online store of Go books and equipment
- Go courses for children
The prices will gradually grow as the final release date gets closer
Let’s make Go great again!
Part of our content is totally free: courses for beginners, the Magic of Go series and all of our materials. We would like everyone to get to know this magical and wonderful game, so that you can play it without hindrance, at their own pace and with maximum comfort. Whatever Go learning courses or tools we create, 20-30% of our content will remain absolutely free. 👼
Tell your friends about Go and our project, leave your feedback and comments on the courses, and get better at the game every day. 🐾
Frequently Asked Questions
Anton Proskurin 2d
Founder of the Königsberg Go School
Loves programming and jazz
Vadim Efimenko 4d
Studied Go in China with Yan An 7p
Loves teaching Go and photography
Mikhail Bormin 2d