A Modern Platform
for Learning Go
Carefully structured video lessons with matching practical exercises.
Study at your own pace, test your skills and get stronger!
A Bit of Magic!
Watch lessons and practice at the same time. This video will demonstrate our new interactive feature
This is Just the Beginning
Our goal is to create the ultimate platform for studying Go
- Accessibility. The cost of online courses is significantly lower than that of one-on-one or even group classes with a teacher.
- Quality. Our courses are not lengthy screencasts, they are carefully planned and highly efficient video lessons with practical exercises.
- Gamification. All the courses are integrated within the platform. As you solve problems you get XP, crystals and coins which lets you keep track of your progress and stay motivated.
Tree of Skills
Tree of Skills
The main tool of daily skill training in Go.
The strength of a Go player is a combination of different skills and abilities e.g. choosing direction in fuseki, knowledge of joseki and tesuji, a feel for good shape etc. As a rule a problem with one of them greatly weakens overall performance. We want to merge all the Go skills into a single gaming system, similar to those in RPG games. This will let you have fun when solving problems and find possible weaknesses in your play at the same time.
Tools and Materials
Tools and Materials
There is a lot of information about Go on the internet but sometimes it can be hard to find. For your convenience we want to gather it all in one place and add some new things.
- Articles on a variety of subjects
- Materials for motivation and inspiration
- Materials for Go teachers and organizers
- A database of biographies of great Go masters
- An illustrated collection of Go proverbs
- A modern joseki encyclopedia
- A game database with pattern search
- A multifunctional online game editor
- Integration with OGS. Play online and receive GM coins and XP.
- AI of varied difficulty levels playing in a human-like fashion.
- Extra playing modes: atari Go, one color Go, survival Go (with 17 stones), blindfolded games, teaching mode with hints, poker Go (dango).
- Supercomputer game analysis.
- Courses designed for children with colorful animation of games and problems.
Final Version Release
is Scheduled for Summer 2021
Go Magic Roadmap
Beta-version launch done
Bug report system done
Live chat support done
Finishing touches in design done
Detecting major bugs and fixing them done
Privacy and visibility issues done
Discord server doneMay – July, 2020
Roadmap page done
The Magic of Go #4 done
The Magic of Go #5 done
Multi-language system done
Merging gomagic.org and beta.gomagic.org done
Payment system done
Membership system doneAugust – September, 2020
Russian translation of the website done
The Magic of Go #6 done
The Magic of Go #7 done
Videos with interactive problems done
Skill Tree system (backend) — Go problem training in the style of RPG games doneOctober – December, 2020
Demonstration of a new interactive feature done
Skill Tree — frontend in progress
Leaderboard in progress
Go board animationJanuary – March, 2021
Basic Skill Tree — training for beginners in progressJanuary – March, 2021
Go Magic Virtual Shop — bonus content that you can get for GM coins
Platform optimizationApril – June, 2021
Final Release 🌟July – August, 2021
The prices will gradually grow as the final release date gets closer
Let’s make Go great again!
Part of our content is totally free: courses for beginners, the Magic of Go series, all of our materials. We would like everyone to get to know this magical and wonderful game, so that they could do it without hindrance, at their own pace and with maximum comfort. Whatever Go learning courses or tools we create, 20-30% of our content will remain absolutely free. 👼
Tell your friends about Go and our project, leave your feedback and comments on the courses and every day make a step toward perfection 🐾
Frequently Asked Questions
Anton Proskurin 2d
Founder of the Königsberg Go School
Loves programming and jazz
Vadim Efimenko 4d
Studied Go in China with Yan An 7p
Loves teaching Go and photography
Mikhail Bormin 2d